SA's first Mindful Drinking Festival a huge hit
On 20 October 2019 the Mindful Drinking Festival was held at the Kirstenbosch Stone Cottages in Caper Town with over 40 exhibitors from around the country participating. It was attended by over 1300 visitors who were able to sample the widest variety of alcohol-free drinks ever assembled in the country.
The public celebrated non-alcoholic beers, wines, sparkling wines, gins, botanical spirits, as well as tonics, natural juices and kombuchas. We also featured some inspiring Cape Town musicians including Zolani Mahola, a farmyard of healthy food and a hilarious blind-tasting was MC-ed by Nik Rabinowitz.
All of this without the hangover on Monday morning...
Check out the piictures below or for news broadcast videos of the day's events go to
For a full list of exhibitors who were there scroll down
Mindful Drinking Festival – FAQs
What is a Mindful Drinking Festival?
It's the answer to that perennial question: "What can we drink instead of alcohol?" This festival will provide you with tons of healthy alcohol-free alternatives. A place where people come together to experience a range of drinks direct from the brewers, distillers and producers. Live music, workshops, blind-tasting and other activities are all part of the experience.
Who will be there?
The Festival provided a meeting place for Capetonians of all ages and interests who got together for a relaxed event and enjoy music and each other’s company without the pressure to consume alcohol. Besides the 'sober curious' and those wishing to moderate their alcohol consumption, we welcomed expecting mothers and Cape Town's sizeable sport and health-conscious communities.
What was at the the Festival?
• Non-alcoholic producers and suppliers
• A blind-tasting event for the public in four categories – non-alcoholic beers, wines, botanicals and other natural drinks.
• Food stalls, including Halaal, vegan and Kosher
• Community projects and exhibitors related to non-alcoholic sector.
• Some non-profit/charity and CSI exhibitors
• A lecture and workshop programme about aspects of Mindful Drinking
• Live music - the Biscuit Mill jazz band, the Porchlights, Hatchetman, Dax Butler and Pravda